16 Dec - 18 Dec 2020. 9pm, nightly, FB Private Group.
Thank you for joining us in Dec.
If you have missed this, Join the next one in 2021.
Kindly Register Here to join us.
Why "The Purpose of Parenting".
- The Purpose of Parenting is written and created out of a passion to help parents bridge the gap between modern parenting and "old school" parenting. It is designed to help you learn and discover your own sweet spot by knowing your purpose in parenting.
- Through experience, both at home and in parent coaching, I know that you will gain clarity in your parenting by zooming out enough to see the bigger picture, to listen past the noise of daily struggles and challenges, to hear true needs and to know what you want to do and how you want to overcome those challenges.
- To discern and make your own parenting decisions amidst the information overload that is available these days.
Who is this for?
- This is not another parenting method, but this is what I have been doing best (and love doing!) in my role as a parent coach, which is mindset and heart.
- Whether you've been implementing a method or still finding one, this will benefit you by knowing your why when you make a decision in parenting.
- This is for you regardless of your belief, parenting method and background, as long as you have kids or grandchildren!
Why in an FB Group?
- My dream is also to build an intentional community and society that will help each other raise this next generation with conviction.
- So for now, optimally for this purpose, this course will be conducted inside a Facebook Group for 3 consecutive nights.
And I hope to see it grow and lead to more!
Yup, Sam, I am!
And that (photo) is my world. It's mostly loud and chaotic but they are my everything.
My hubby is Deric and the little ones are Izzy (6yo), Ana (4yo) and Zayne (3yo).
I was in Clinical Research before I left the field to help Deric in his business. It was also for me to afford the flexibility to be with the family a little more.
Since then, it has been quite an experience. Life with 3 young children has definitely got us thinking on our toes and just parenting "on the fly" most of the time.
While I want to say that most days are good in our family, there was a time when it was just the opposite for us.
And I knew we needed help.
I needed help.
It was a mix of feeling lost in my identity- having given up a career to build a vision that although I was submitted to and excited about, but you know, still not fully mine. Then there were the disrupted and sleepless nights, I was tired. And also we started our family away from our own homes, our families. We have a solid community of friends, but we're pretty much on our own most of the time, juggling business and family here in KL without help. Zayne and Ana were babies. And it was also when Izzy needed to go for therapy.
It was overwhelming.
And then I decided to do something about it.
I started reading and attending courses.
I learnt that there's so much more to parenting than just having well-behaved kids.
It is as much about how I (and Deric, and our marriage) was doing as well as having parenting tools to use.
And how there's never going to be a one-size-fits-all approach in dealing with (little) lives.
I had to learn about my children and I had to also become more aware about myself.
Parenting for/from perfection is not my thing.
I haven't got it all (and don't think ever will and it's not what parenting is about!) but I must say that getting the right help at the right time brought me a long way.
It is my hope and privilege to be able to extend the same help I received to those who need it.
This course has been designed out of that very heart and I hope it helps you in your own parenting journey.
In 2019, I was credentialed as a coach, and I have been coaching (mostly parents) since.
I am also a communications skills facilitator with Sunfish Headway, specifically for the course called "Our Community Listens".
List of credentials:
- Coach (ACSTH approved, 100 training hours)
- Member of International Coaching Federation
- Member of Family Life Coaching Association
- Facilitator, Our Community Listens (Asia)
If you have questions, reach me at email@example.com